Wednesday, April 14, 2021

Cisco SF350 and Lenovo Windows Server link issue

Got a new head-scratcher causing me to go bald

We made a switch to Cisco switches thanks to our normal vendor blowing their prices up to where they should be gold plated, yesterday we switched out 3 old hp switches for Cisco SF350s, and the switch over was seamless until we plugged in our file server that is on-site, Its windows 2016 physical server using NIC teaming with 2 ports.

we plugged into the cisco switch on 10 and 11 and no link for either, and not just that no attempt to link in the logs on the cisco either. I tried plugging the server into the old HP switch and it was fine so it's not a physical NIC issue. if I plug the switch into one of the old HP's and then that HP into the cisco that works fine. so I'm thinking there must be a port config parameter I'm missing? I disabled SPT on port 11 as well to test it and it made no difference

anyone else run into this issue? am I about to feel stupid when the answer was something drastically simple that I missed? thanks!



No comments:

Post a Comment