Wednesday, April 28, 2021

Can I use LACP between two switches to increase bandwidth for multiple users?

Hi! A bit new to networking. Right now in the office we have a Qnap NAS connected to a switch with a single cable, and then that switch is connected to another switch. That last switch is connected to a bunch of PC clients that need to access the Qnap.

Of course, that is one hell of a bottleneck, since there is only one cable between the switches and the for the Qnap.

Both the switches are the same model and support LACP. My Qnap has 4 ports and supports it too.

I want to aggregate those 4 ports on the qnap and the switch, and then aggregate like 4 ports on each switch to allow for more client traffic. I know each client will still be at 1Gb, but at least that would reduce or remove the bottleneck of having multiple clients at the same time.

Am I right? Is that how it works? Sorry for the newbie question!



No comments:

Post a Comment