Tuesday, April 27, 2021

Campus to Data Center spine-leaf

I know this has been discussed here, in different iterations, but for the life of me, I'm not finding the perspective I need on this.

Complete campus redesign, including the basement DC, and now would be the time to do it. If we were to convert from a classic 3-tier campus network to a spine-leaf, what is the simplest/preferred method for tying the rest of the office network into the new DC design? I keep going back and forth between carving out a core/distribution and connecting that to a leaf to have a defined delineation (and maybe a safety blanket) between the old way of networking and the new... Or does it make more sense (mostly cost) to simply tie access closets to a pair of dedicated leafs and use those as my aggregation point? I appreciate relevant perspectives on this. Also, just know I feel like a noob for asking this.



No comments:

Post a Comment