Friday, April 30, 2021

Automation

Hello!

Our Cisco SmartNet are expiring soon. We received an excel spreadsheet with all the devices and I need to check if these devices are still in production. We removed a lot of them in the past year.

We don't have any documentation and we are talking about around 400 Cisco switches.

I obviously don't want to ssh in every single switch and do a show version to get the serial number, find it in the excel, etc. I want to automate this process.

What would be the best way? I also want a framework that I could use in the future. I need to clean up some configs in all these switches and make them consistent. We don't have anything right now. I would like to backup the configs as well. Switches are mostly 2960X, 2960C, 9200L.

I'm good with Python but pretty new with network automation tools (Netmiko, NAPALM, etc.)

Could Ansible and Nornir be the tools I'm looking for?

Thank you



No comments:

Post a Comment