Wednesday, March 17, 2021

Wireless Bandwidth Throttling

Any particular reason why wireless devices may become severely bandwidth throttled, but not wired? Currently managing 25 Ruckus R510 11ac Wave 2 access points controlled by a ZoneDirector 1200 and randomly sometimes , internal connection speed on a wireless connection becomes severely degraded to about <1Mbps. I have carried out multiple iPerf tests on a wireless and wired connection to our main DC and with it being hardwired it's fine, but on wireless it's not. It's temperamental and intermittent. Tested on multiple devices and the issue seems to only pertain to wireless devices. For troubleshooting, I attached my laptop to an AP that connects into a Cisco SG350-28P as well as hardwiring in into the same port and again, connected wirelessly it's severely degraded but hardwired it's not. I even connected my laptop into the passthrough port on the R510 and it was fine. I can't explain it. My only thought is possibly the wireless system struggling with encryption and decryption so I was going to test this on an open network. My fall back option would to factory reset it and rebuild it from the ground up. I can't imagine it being a physical issue but maybe wrong. Just seems like it's being throttled massively somewhere or by something. There are no network policies or configurations in place that should be causing this. Any troubleshooting ideas, steps, testing I may be able to carry out to identify what on what might be causing this would be very much appreciated.



No comments:

Post a Comment