Thursday, March 18, 2021

Wireless Access Point causing print problems

I experienced printer problems. Printing to my (wireless) printer resulted in 'printer offline' or 'busy' and no print resulted. Same from my MacBook, my wife's Windows laptop, another PC etc. Rebooting the printer released the queued print jobs but then the same offline problem again. A factory reset of the printer got me no further forward. Intermittently ping worked, then not.

Only after a restart of the (Unifi nanoHD) WAP did normal reliable printing begin again. Throughout this, all other wireless devices connected via the nanoHD (IP cameras, mobiles, video doorbell etc) worked perfectly. I'm at a loss to understand just what was going on in the nanoHD WAP to cause the printer problem. Can someone provide an explanation? Ta.



No comments:

Post a Comment