Friday, March 5, 2021

What is the most economical way to transport large amounts of data over large distances (100+km) ?

From all that I have seen I have a few options, fiber, or running some sort of cable or satellite and dealing with the delays and upkeep that might include. Fiber I believe would be the best, but is there another option that I may be overlooking? Would some sort of antenna array be strong enough to support such an infrastructure while being cheaper (?) I would believe that this would cause quite a delay after a few relays depending on external factors. Or, would one of the other listed options be better?

I am definitely new to all of this so if there would be a better place to ask my question or an answer already somewhere where I could expand upon the topic with any questions I have please let me know.



No comments:

Post a Comment