Monday, March 22, 2021

Struggling to properly configure Vlans on Cisco sg350x

Hey guys,

I need some help with configuring a switch (SG350x) , my boss has thrown me in the deep end while he's off work. He's asked me to get a switch up and running and this is a bit of a struggle for me since I'm the O365 and Server guy in the organization.

He wants a switch configured with

a layer 3 Vlan for VOIP, with 4 of the ports to be access vlan x to connect the pbx, sbc, laptop etc.

Whatever that means...

I'm really struggling with this one, a lot of this stuff is kind of over my head, I'm also not very familiar with Cisco either, unfortunately.

I've gotten the switch online, have assigned vlan1 an IP and the switch itself has an IP address.

I've created a VLAN with an ID of 10, I have added 4 ports under port to vlan membership to vlan 10. I have configured an IP address under ipv4 interface settings and have tied it to vlan 10.

However, when plug into one of the ports associated with my vlan, I'm getting an APIPA address. I'm really not sure what I'm doing wrong.

Can someone kindly, in an idiot-proof way, explain to me where I'm going wrong? How the heck do I assign an IP range to my vlan? I've gone over dozens of articles on creating vlans but I cant seem to figure this one out.

thanks!



No comments:

Post a Comment