Wednesday, March 17, 2021

SMF to 1G copper media converters

I both hate myself and feel dirty asking, because I think Media converters are the spawn of Satan, but does anyone know of a good quality one? I have certainly seen lots of unreliable ones in the past. I have been so effective in avoiding them, I don't think I have used one in the last 12 years.

I have several devices that only have copper management ports, and I need to connect to that port over a larger distance than copper Ethernet allows. I also have some sites that the Internet provider only supplies a fibre handoff, and the small site firewalls are copper only. I would like to have it as small as is reasonable, as I don't want to waste an entire U on the MC, and in an ideal world the ability to connect to it and see the DOM stats of the fibre link.

Can anyone recommend a make and model they have had a good experience with.



No comments:

Post a Comment