Wednesday, March 24, 2021

Sites and Services replication

Hello r/

I'm finally taking my first steps into networking configuration for a production network and am tasked with splitting a network apart with some vlans. We are a small team and I have more knowledge in networking than my other 2 colleagues but have no real experience in configuring production networks.

It's a small company, where one office is located in Germany and another is located in Belgium.

I only am allowed to segment the network in Belgium, the network in Germany remains configured without any vlans. We use Zyxel hardware

There is a site-to-site VPN and was wondering if I need to configure specific firewall rules for DFS replication. When the server in Germany wants to replicate, how can it access the vlan of the server when it enters the firewall on the site in Belgium?

If I make a rule which indicates that the DFS Service which originates from Site_Germany, can only go through if the destination is the DC in Site_Belgium, will it assign that vlan to the frames?

Sorry for any dumb questions, trying to learn and getting experience in the networking aspect of IT since thats where I want to go to.



No comments:

Post a Comment