Tuesday, March 16, 2021

Received $750k USD quote for 8km of new fiber installation - Accurate?

Hello,

I'm in the early stages of planning a FTTH ISP in a small city in Central Europe.

I was quoted $82 USD per meter (without tax) to lay fiber from their nearest POP, which comes out to be around $750k USD after taxes for about 8km.

There's only one major Tier 2 provider in my country, so the only other option would be to organize all the trenching, permits, etc, myself and bring the fiber to them, but that adds an enormous amount of overhead to a, currently, 2-person company.

I'm curious if this figure seems typical in the industry. I was expecting the price to be about half this, especially in Central Europe. I should add that 95% of the route between the POP and the suggested drop points is one public highway road, which I would assume simplifies this process a bit.

Thanks in advance.



No comments:

Post a Comment