Monday, March 1, 2021

Question about Ekahau Sidekck

Hello. I have questions about Ekahau Sidekick.

I need to perform a physical WiFi survey for a site before implementation of access points. I played around with Sidekick and could determine that it analyses existing APs and SSIDs and can generate a heatmap of the signals being broadcasted, and also can auto-place these existing APs in the best location according to the floor plan. Please note that the building currently has no APs.

Is there any way to:

  1. Input the number of APs that I have bought, e.g. 10 APs.
  2. Input the model of the APs that I have bought.
  3. Use "Continous Survey" option to walk around the building with Sidekick.
  4. Sidekick then determines what are the best locations for these 10 APs.
  5. Additionally, Sidekick recommends whether 10 APs are enough or whether more or less APs are needed.

Thank you all for any help.



No comments:

Post a Comment