Thursday, March 25, 2021

OSPFv3 For Juniper

I had an interview and the CTO mentioned if successful, my next stage would be to complete a lab. They use primarily Juniper equipment and the lab would be based on OSPFv3 and BGP.

Now I am not familiar with the Juniper CLI so I have been looking up on the CLI syntax as I am more familiar with Cisco. I managed to get the Juniper Olive image to lab up in Virtual box. I'm currently waiting for Juniper vLabs to grant me access so that I can lab up there.

I just wanted to find out from you guys that are more familiar with the protocol what common problems you find using these two or to watch out for?

The role is for a Network Field Engineer in the UK.

Sidenote: I now understand why some people switch or prefer Juniper. The way the configuration is grouped and laid out is very appealing to me now.



No comments:

Post a Comment