Monday, March 8, 2021

Odd network/internet issue...help please

I have a local network with a firewall that also acts as the gateway and my workstations seem to loose gateway access for 10 or 20 seconds every so often from 45 mins to 3 hours.

I can't ping out by name or ip but can reach the domain controller fine.

The odd thing is that the domain controller can reach the internet durring this time without issue and generally if I have a running ping it will also continue to work. But...Not always...generally however I don't get any timeouts when everyone else does if I'm running a -1000 ping or the like.

I've confirmed it's not the switch or anything related. Users connecting via vpn have no issues it's just machines on the local network.

I've tried running Wireshark but don't see anything change and the it seems to effect everything on the network minus the server's.

Any idea of things to try?



No comments:

Post a Comment