Friday, March 19, 2021

Network Engineer looking for advice for Career shift to Network Reliability Engineer

Title explains most of what I'm asking - I'm a Network Transport Engineer in an ISP Environment, but I'm looking to speak with others who may be in a Network Reliability Engineering Role. (Or adjacent role.)

Recently there's been an opening locally with a competitor company that I'm applying to, I'm incredibly interested in the NRE role and even if I miss the opportunity here I'd like to seek other opportunities in the same vein.

The Primary ask is: How can I be the most successful? Where should I fortify my skills? What advise would you give?

I'm incredibly skilled in the Networking aspect as far as: Layer 2, 3, routing protocols (IS-IS, OSPF, BGP, EIGRP), DWDM/Photonic Systems, MPLS/VPLS, etc

I've been trying to strengthen my Python scripting to fortify my ability to produce script generators for gear, I've also been working on my JSON abilities for REST-API programming within Postman. I'm also incredibly skilled when it comes to CFM/fault monitoring.

TL;DR - Network Engineer wants to transition to a NRE-type role, what advice could you provide to help me be the most successful and suited to the role? Thanks!



No comments:

Post a Comment