Tuesday, March 16, 2021

Network Assistance - URGENT

Our school recently switched internet providers and they installed a new mini demarc box and NID. Connection ceaselessly fails. Has yet to work at all. Handoff locations below:

NETWORK HAND-OFF TO NID: RJ45 Port 1 auto-1000-fullCLIENT HAND-OFF FROM NID: RJ45 Port 3 auto-1000-full

When I connect an RJ45 to Port 3 and connect it into our Cisco 891 WAN port, nothing happens. The light remains red on Port 3 of the NID.

I have also used a ethernet to USB, connected it directly into my laptop, pinged the new IPs I was provided by the new company, and it times out every time.

I have been provided a LOGICAL INTERFACE #, Ip address block, Internet company's ip address, and  customer address. Also in the IP configuration email we received, they provided WAN IPv4, LAN IPv4, Customer Peer IPv4, and Internet Company's Peer IPv4.

The flow seems to go Demarc Box > NID > Router > Switch > Switch. We have the new demarc box, new NID, a Cisco 891 Integrated Services Router, ProCurve Switch 1400-24G, Cisco 3400 ME Switch, and a what seems to be a Leviton patch panel.

I am brand new to network configurations, especially on a commercial scale and I need all the help I can get. If more information is needed, I'll give you what you need to help us resolve this issue.



No comments:

Post a Comment