Thursday, March 11, 2021

Multicast Traffic TTL 1

I have a phone system (Zultys) that uses multicast traffic for paging groups of phones. I have some phones at remote locations that they want to receive the same pages as the main location. The layer 2 network was stretched to accommodate this when it was set up in previous years.

Examining the traffic it sends the multicast out with a TTL of 1 so I can't route it.

I have Aruba 5400 Zl2 switches that handle the routing. I verified that I am able to route other multicast traffic with a higher TTL with no problems.

I spoke with the phone vendor and they don't have a way to change the TTL. It appears that I can explore using a CyberData SIP Paging Server with the phone system.

Does anyone have a product or method they suggest or use to deal with scenarios such as this?

Thank you for any help. Getting a paging server wouldn't be the worst thing ever I just didn't know if anyone had any suggestions on how to approach this that were different then something that specific.



No comments:

Post a Comment