Tuesday, March 30, 2021

Juniper config / compatibility with IBM/BladeOS VLANS

I have a large number of switches interacting with MSTI across ~12 VLANs and each port also has a PVID, and this works for me across IBM/BladeOS, HP Procurve, and Ubiquiti EdgeOS switches. I'm trying to add some Juniper switches, and currently I'm trying a used EX4200. I've got "everything" configured up to the point I trunk in the uplink and pass along a trunk to a downstream switch.

My understanding from the Juniper docs is that I should be able to

edit interfaces xe-0/1/1 unit 0 family ethernet-switching set port mode trunk set interfaces xe-0/1/1 unit 0 family ethernet-switching vlan members all 

And then all defined VLANs from the upstream switch should pass tagged to the 10Gibt module 10Gbit port 2. What is unclear is if the PVID on the bladeos side would pass, or this would be tagged only. I have tried also adding

set native-vlan-id 1 

to match PVID 1 being untagged on the upstream BladeOS switch. I then, using a ge interface should be able to do the same for a downstream EdgeOS switch. However, in practice, it doesn't seem to work.

Can anyone point out what I'm missing in the junos config? Or what their equivelent of VLAN1 in the other switch models would be (i.e. the default VLAN, untagged etc, what VLAN a client would get if plugged in even if other VLANs are tagged)?



No comments:

Post a Comment