Tuesday, March 30, 2021

Is a Senetas CN6100 layer 2 encryptor from Ebay any good?

Hello,

We operate a small network and are adding our second location soon. It means we will get a metro wave (10gbps) between these two locations and I would like to encrypt the communication on that line.

Unfortunately our switches do not support MACsec, So we have to put something in between to handle the encryption. I found some earlier posts (1) which both mention Senetas encryptors to do the job, which is a viable option for us.

I do found a bunch of them on ebay for cheap, however, I can not find too much documentation online about them. Will this work? Do I need a separate license / or credentials to make any use of these boxes? As they are high security devices, I can imagine it is not trivial to reset the passwords/keys for example.

Thank you!

1:

https://www.reddit.com/r/networking/comments/7snrl7/encrypt_40g_cross_country_connection/
https://www.reddit.com/r/networking/comments/7q39xb/recommendations_for_switchtoswitch_encryption_of/



No comments:

Post a Comment