Wednesday, March 31, 2021

I'm in love with a Solarwinds NCM fam.

Recent security scandal aside, It's so feature rich and is already saving us a lot of work. I created a security policy to show us devices that are missing key configs, service password- encryption, no mop, no finger, ect... so I get the report and decide to remedy the no encryption. Being that we've only had it a few days and I wanted to be cautious, I decide to start manually adding password encryption to devices... then I remember there ain't no way password encryption can break a network, so I enabled auto execute on that rule only, and update the policy. In about a minute NCM went through dozens of devices and added encryption automatically. Brilliant. It tells you EoL devices, config mismatches, all kinds of stuff. Love it.



No comments:

Post a Comment