Tuesday, March 2, 2021

I feel like I owe you this: Almost 90% of our zoom problems are resolved with WLC firmware upgrade

I asked a question here a while back about our zoom problems dropping, freezing, and etc.

Our 5520 WLC was running 8.3 firmware from 2019. After trying almost everything; be it iperfs, reconfigurations, and etc. Nothing fixed our issues.

We did not have the license to download the firmware and I didn't really suspect firmware, but it should have been the first thing I took care of.

Anyways, bought the smart license last week first upgraded to 8.5 and now we are at 8.10 Zoom works awesome.

Firmware upgrade will be my primary focus going forward.

I know lots of schools are having issues with Zoom. Try upgrading all your network devices.



No comments:

Post a Comment