Friday, March 19, 2021

How to predict fortinet cost of ownership

Hi everyone,

I'm considering buying a FortiGate 60F for my company, but I'm a bit lost about the licensing, What I want is to deploy a firewall with an IPS that can update it's signature base and detect threats, should I buy a bundle or is the IPS and updates included with the device ? It seems to me like they would not offer that without a subscription fee but I'm not sure as all bundles seem to include the IPS service

Second thing, they talk about an antispam service, how does that work ? All my SMTP/IMAP traffic is encrypted so I'm at a loss at how it could filter out spam/viruses, is it an additional gateway where I have to redirect incoming smtp traffic before delivering (our mail is hosted in the cloud)

Thanks a lot =)



No comments:

Post a Comment