Saturday, March 27, 2021

Help with ONT Adtran GPON 452

I have a new Adtran GPON 452 that was installed. The power is on and the fiber has been spliced in. I was not around when the service provider installed it, but he mentioned that another tech would come back and we just needed a “fiber ready router” to plug the incoming Ethernet into inside. The tech that is suppose to come back and “plug in the Ethernet” is several weeks out. I have since setup my networking equipment correctly (dynamic), but no internet to my WAN. I do NOT have a static IP from my utility provider.

It looks as if the tech ran a test and wrote on the door so I am assuming there is connectivity along with all the lights are solid green. Is there something I can do to turn it on?

If I plug an Ethernet cable from The Ethernet Port 1 / 2 on the ONT to my USG WAN 1 I get no internet access to my USG. Assuming everything on my USG and POE are set correctly, any ideas to get the ONT online? Not looking to step on my providers toes, but if this is something simple I rather just enable it would be very cool and I can cancel the interior tech.

I am fairly experienced with the hardware I have - Ubiquity USG 4 Pro (Gateway) and POE 24 Port Switch so I’m confident it’s at the ONT or before. I do have the correct tools to open up the ONT (keyed Hex etc)

Thank you in advance for any help.



No comments:

Post a Comment