Tuesday, March 9, 2021

HELP - MSM760 HDD failure

hi everyone,

so i have this HPE MSM760 Acess Controller, long story short, the HDD dies and I cant boot into it, so now my APs are in controlled mode with a ghost of a controller( (luckily i didn't set it to go down if the controller is not active)

i have access to all the firmwares from HP, from the first till the latest (CIM files, and MIBs if it matters)

is there a way to flash a new HDD, SSD, or even a USB with the firmware?

i have looked into the HP manuals, no where (at least that I could find) it talks about failed HDD

so far I found info that some people did an HDD transplant but it was cloning the disks, that doesn't work in my case as I don't have a working disk to clone

I tried to create a bootable USB and putting the CIM onto it and booting, well, to my no surprise, it didn't work

the controller shows an option for a PXE boot, is that possible or is it just for when they manufactured it?

any help would be appreciated

Disclaimer: this is a home/homelab type network, not sure if this counts as a topic for this subreddit of if I should go to r/homelab



No comments:

Post a Comment