Wednesday, March 17, 2021

Dell PowerConnect 5324 Console | Cables Required?

Hello,

I have a Dell PowerConnect 5324 in a business environment that I am attempting to find the IP address of so that I can make changes. Just as an FYI, this was all setup before I started my position and I don't really have the ability to just RESET the switch as it is the main switch for this department. I could come in on a Sunday and swap all the connections over to a different switch but I am trying to avoid that if I can. I also wouldn't mind learning something new in the process of trying to figure this out.

I have the MAC address and I have tried multiple scans/tools to find the MAC address but it doesn't seem to be on our network anywhere.. I have tried to map the ports on surrounding switches but that ended up not giving me anymore information. My last effort before coming here was to use hookup a switch with LLDP Neighbor Discovery feature but that only showed me the MAC address.

I believe my last resort aside from resetting the device is to use the console port to try and gain access. I was wondering if anyone could tell me what cables / adapters I would need to access the console port on a Dell PowerConnect 5324.

Thanks!



No comments:

Post a Comment