Wednesday, March 10, 2021

BGP Advertisement tool

Anyone know of some sort of tool/simulator to help with putting together route maps etc for BGP Advertisements?

I have 4 upstream providers coming into 3 edge routers in 2 geographically separated locations, some of which do not have any bgp-community support, so I can't tweak local preferences on their end at all, so path prepending does not get me where I need to be to load balance incoming traffic.

This mostly leaves me with route specificity as my knob to tweak traffic for both balancing, and to get traffic to come in to the closest edge router to it's destination and keep as much as possible out of my core.

While I am pretty good with BGP, its not something that I do all day, and I hate playing with live traffic when it doesn't always do what I want it to.



No comments:

Post a Comment