Monday, March 29, 2021

Aruba CX EVPN Scale Limits?

Does anybody out there have hands-on experience with a large-scale Aruba CX EVPN deployment? I'm at the very end of the design phase of a campus refresh that uses EVPN to deliver L2 and L3 services across campus on top of a single underlay network. We're planning to start installing equipment in the next couple of weeks, and I'm suddenly getting conflicting information about the EVPN scaling limits of the CX 6300 and CX 8325 platform. My configuration is working fine in the lab at a small scale, but the number of VTEP peers is being called into question, and my entire design hinges on being able to run VTEPs on every switch stack across campus.

The Aruba Dynamic Segmentation "VNBT" 10.05 guide lists the VTEP peer limit at 256, which my campus just fits inside of. The "show capacities-status" output on the 6300 lists the limit at 512, which gives me tons of headroom to expand. But now my local support engineer is telling me the "real" limit is only 64 VTEP peers, which burns my entire design to the ground.

Does anybody out there have a definitive answer?



No comments:

Post a Comment