Tuesday, March 23, 2021

Air gapped networks monitoring

Hi, I hope this is the right place to ask.

(Background) I am a sound engineer working with Redundant Physical Dante networks (Dual VLan per physical network) that include Netgear GS728 and Cisco SG3xx Switches. These networks are temporary for each event and are not always the same exact devices. Our 2 Networks exist in a vacuum and are not tied to the internet or to each other.

(Question) I'm looking for a way to view Topographical maps and link speeds for both networks.

I have tried Spiceworks, but it has dramatically more features than I need and it struggled to trace my networks from a single computer.

I am open to spending some time on this, but not mountains of Cash since the company won't be covering the cost of the tool.

One recommendation to me was Zabbix another that I found was CheckMK. I'm willing and capable of deploying to Raspberry Pi(s) but I'm hoping for some guidance along the lines of capability. Does either of these pieces of software or any software allow the selection of the monitored Network port? One thought was to have 2 Raspberry Pis and Teamviewer into each to see the data, but I don't know if that would work since they would each have 2 Network Ports.

(Goal) I want to be able to monitor redundant networks for topology and link speeds from "1" device.

Any advice is appreciated!



No comments:

Post a Comment