Saturday, March 6, 2021

10G networking across a few static public IPs

Networking noob needing help with my SMB. At the colo, we have a new 10Gbps WAN connection. The data center dropped an SFP+ into my main rack. The service includes a block of 5 static public IPs. I don't know how to easily go from here: GUI noob, wishing something like Unifi was available at this tier.

Downstream, I've got five servers, each that need their own static public IP (thus why I have a block of
5 IPs). I was looking at the UI EdgeRouter Infinity because it claims to have 80Gbps throughput. I also like the dual PSU. I also looked at the UI Unifi Dream Machine Pro, but it can only use 1 static IP on the WAN port (no multiple 1-1 NATing), and it has no PSU redundancy.

How do I move forward? Zero experience.



No comments:

Post a Comment