Saturday, February 27, 2021

Where to start with OSPF implementation??

To make a complex issue as simple as I can... I work in an environment that utilizes static routing almost exclusively. I would like to implement OSPF and eventually redistribute it into BGP for all of our WAN connections.

The problem I am running into is that I don't know where to start when it comes to designing areas. I know areas need to reach back to area 0, but our network is a mess topology-wise. I would like to make the OSPF configurations as simple as I can for the sake of newer technicians in my work center. However, I have no idea how I will be able to have all areas reach back to area 0 without the use of virtual links.

If anyone has advice on transitioning a large network utilizing static routing over to OSPF I would greatly appreciate it.



No comments:

Post a Comment