Friday, February 12, 2021

The latest FMC / FPR issue

I'm hoping I can find someone with some idea what might cause this issue. for a system that is just supposed to work (determined this by the complete lack of troubleshooting tools or documentation) it simply does not. I've got a FPR-1010 running 6.4. it was configured in a test capacity in my office for awhile while I played with it. I was not entirely impressed with the non-intuitive way you setup these devices. without the quick start guide you'd be dead in the water. In this capacity I had it configured and managed by a freshly installed and configured FMC running 6.6. The fun stops here.

Yesterday I took my happy little guy to the next level and tried to put it into a production capacity at a different building. the building is connected via a wireless bridge. Everything in this new building is working correctly right down to the controller based wireless. after much unsuccessful attempting to change the configuration of the FPR-1010 I reset the device to factory and started over with it. I removed it from the Device list on my FMC. I configured the device according to the 6.4 quick start instructions. i.e. port 2 and mgmt ports are plugged into the switch, port 1 is plugged into the internet device (currently disabled because the internet circuits not installed yet; default route on FPR points to core switch which currently default routes back to the main building via the wireless bridge).

ran through initial configuration, set ip address and all that, setup manager to point to my FMC (this is all stuff I had working in the other building). so I go to add the device back to FMC and the device will not add. I've confirmed I can ping and SSH from the vlan with the FMC to the new device. I've confirmed the new device can ping back to the FMC. so path and routing does not appear to be an issue. what have I failed to do to make this device add?



No comments:

Post a Comment