Thursday, February 4, 2021

TCP Optimization solutions for SDWan

Okay, I'm getting close to wits end on this one.. I need a solution for TCP Optimization for my two LFN (long fat networks).. I contacted my Cisco Rep directly for how to set all this up, and the email I got back from them is below.Tijuana and Changshu, China from the USA have too much latency, and my 100mb metroE connections get completely crappy service. Maybe 8-10Mb at most on a good day..I am running Cisco SDWan with a mix of ASR/ISR/Vedge devices and they advertise TCP Optimization everywhere, but it seems, even they don't even know how to do it.So, what am I to do? I need a decently priced TCP Optimization solution that can solve this issue for me.

Email from Cisco:

Wanted to supply a quick update on this. I found out why there is a lack of information on TCP Opt and why I haven’t found a good resource internally. Apparently, nobody is using this feature as it has diminishing returns (often no use-cases) where TCP opt will work. The algorithm is currently still being worked out and is likely something to be visited later. I proposed your issue to a friend of mine who is an SDWAN architect to see if he had any recommendations - waiting response. I will also be meeting with my EN architect Monday to discuss this as well. I know this isn’t ideal but I am definitely working on it to get you something!



No comments:

Post a Comment