Thursday, February 18, 2021

Stripping VLAN tags and Applying new VLAN in a vSwitch

I have been googling quite a bit this morning and i cant find anything that answers my question.

I have 2 virutal systems together on one vSwitch that are normally separate when they are in their physical form. Up until now this hasn't been an issue. For professional reasons I do not have permission to separate these systems to more closely resemble their physical counterparts.

I have run into an issue where we are bringing part of the system capability online that now uses a VLAN that is already in use in the system(VLAN3). This information cannot mix for security reasons. I have changed the VLAN for the new capability to VLAN5 for now. Is there a way to build a second vSwitch in the system, associate PG5/VLAN 5 to it and then strip the VLAN 5 tag and apply VLAN 3 before sending it on its way.

I understand this may be a novice question, please bear with me. I am not CCNA certified and I am mostly self taught.

EDIT: If you know of a youtube video that can get me on the right track. I would love a link



No comments:

Post a Comment