Tuesday, February 9, 2021

Replacing Cisco 5525 with ?

I'm looking at replacing our current 5525 with something else later this year. I like everything I've read on Fortigate firewalls but not sure where to start. We have a 100mb internet connection with about 250 users and 4 site to site VPN connections. I would need the new firewall to have at-least 10 rj-45 ports for a few different DMZs that we have setup. One thing I would like is GEO-IP blocking. If that's still a thing as we only work within the US.

Client VPN and content filtering isn't really important because we have other appliances that take care of that. I would like some type of IPS/IDS technology even if it requires extra licensing. I've heard Firepower is horrible which is one of the reasons im thinking of moving away from Cisco. I also feel like you don't get as much for your money with Cisco Firewalls. If the price is right I would love to have 2 setup in high availability. We run a 24/7 operation but IT is only 8-5pm so the thought of a single point of failure is always in the back of my mind.



No comments:

Post a Comment