Friday, February 19, 2021

Recertifying CCNP with only CE credits

Since the Cisco Certpocolypse created a lot of changes and confusion, I wanted to share my experience navigating Cisco’s Continuing Education process that is now available for the CCNA and CCNP. I was pretty frustrated that Cisco now requires an IE level Core exam or (2) specialization exams to recertify the CCNP and like a lot of people was thinking of just letting it lapse since I had other projects/priorities to focus on.

I looked into the CE process and realized that the regular training my employer provides qualifies for credits and claiming them is pretty straight forward. I received a lot of training to prepare for a migration to ACI and was able to claim 2 ACI classes for 40 credits each to fully recertify my CCNP for another 3 years! All at no cost to me personally and no endless studying the same old topics.

If anyone is in the same situation as I was I would definitely see if your employer would cover any classes that qualify for CE. There are some lower priced “on-demand” classes that may be more palatable price wise and some free credits available as well. Is anyone else here working on this path to recertify? Is this the way forward to maintaining these certifications long term?



No comments:

Post a Comment