Thursday, February 4, 2021

Nexus 9Kv OSPF works without the "layer3 peer-router"

Hey guys,

any idea why am I able to run OSPF perfectly over a vPC design WITHOUT the layer3 peer-router commands without it being stuck in INIT/2WAY/EXSTART, please?

I mean, this is not a "Why it DOES NOT work" post. It's a "Why it DOES work" question. :-) Are the NX9K virtual somehow different? I've tested with 7.0(3)I7(4) and with 7.0(3)I7(9).

According all articles I've read, the layer3 peer-router was introduced exactly to eliminate the TTL issue and allow the OSPF to work over vPC.

I want to run OSPF on top of our vPC design. I know what vPC is, I know how to use is. And in theory I know what peer-gateway & layer3 peer-router features are used to. Before I deploy is on real HW (NX9504), I wanted to simulate the behavior in an EVE-NG lab, but I watched in disbelief all routers to come up.

I have 2 DC, 4 devices, running square vPC design. NX11 is connected to NX12 and NX21, and same on the other side: NX22 connected to NX21 and NX12 (i.e. not a full mesh cabling).

Thank you!

Jozef



No comments:

Post a Comment