Thursday, February 25, 2021

MikroTik for 10gig in the server room

Hey everyone!

I'm looking at a 10 gig upgrade for our office, at least for the backend to the access switches and server connections.

Our use case is simple. Standard file transfers and AutoDesk software, all reaching back to a file server, as well as your standard AD and other windows services. Currently the server is connected to a 10 gig switch which immediately hands off to a single gigabit connection to drive 5 access switches in my IDFs.

We're not doing any layer 3 stuff in these switches at the moment.

I'm intrigued by the MikroTik hardware, specifically the CRS 312 and CRS 317 for my server room. For the price they seem to be what I need, how very I'm not finding very many reviews on them from a business perspective.

Are any of you guys running these things, or have heard negative or positive feedback on them?



No comments:

Post a Comment