Thursday, February 18, 2021

I'm not sure if it's lack of terminology that's holding me back from finding any specifics but I'm unsure why I cannot ping a router through L3 Etherchannel.

For my mock lab I have a pc(PC0) connected to a switch(sw1) and that switch connected to another switch(sw2) using Etherchannel 10.0.0.0/30 network. Sw2 is connected to a router on the 192.168.3.0/24 network while just a simple pc(PC1) on the other side is using the 192.168.2.0/24 network. My Vlan is trunking the ports the the port channel is on and it's on the 192.168.1.0/24 network along with PC0. Now, sw2 can ping both the router and PC1. PC0 can ping both the port channel and the Vlan provided I switch the default gateway. However when I configure the static routes on both the switch and router, the packet won't even get forwarded from the first switch and I'm at a loss because I'm am unsure if I should be using the Vlan to route the traffic or the port channel or how the Vlan interacts with the port channel.



No comments:

Post a Comment