Friday, February 12, 2021

HP Chromebook Causing UniFi AC Pro to Reboot

X-POST from /r/Ubiquiti

So very strange issue here. I have an AC Pro AP (4.3.28.11361) connected to a UniFi 8 port PoE switch, that has been rock solid for years.

I recently changed around some VLANs, nothing else, and now when a newish HP Chromebook comes online, the AP reboots every few minutes when it is connected. Total number of devices connected are around 20 total.

Chromebook usage is minimal, not streaming, etc. Chromebook has been in use for 1.5 months with no issues before I reconfigured the VLANs.

The controller is also in a different VLAN now, but the devices and the controller are 100% open to each other.

Topology is:

Internet == Fortinet 81F == trunk ==UniFi PoE SW == UniFi AP.

I have tried updating the Chromebook, Controller, AP & Switch to latest firmware, rebooting everything, testing the cables, etc.

It only appears to be triggered by the Chromebook. No other device.

Wired connectivity is not impacted.

I m network engineer for 20+ but troubleshooting this issue is bewildering me.

I almost feel like some sort of “magic packet” is being sent causing the AP to freak out.

Anyone ever see anything like this?

Should I replace the AP?



No comments:

Post a Comment