Wednesday, February 24, 2021

Help with a network question, Is it even possible?

Hi,

I am trying to come up with a solution at my job to easily connect and configure some ticket validators when they come into the workshop. I want to set it up so they always connect to the configuration server without having to manually configure the IPs on the machines (a long and awkward process)

An example:

The device has the IP 10.111.49.20

It connects to a gateway 10.111.49.1

The gateway is routed to the configuration server 10.250.1.50

The configuration server is always the same for all the machines but the device IPs & gateway IPs are always different. They can be anything within the 10.x.x.x range

I have been experimenting with a virtual machine with openWRT installed running on the configuration server. Is there any way to wildcard a gateway IP? Any suggestions or a push in the right direction would be greatly appreciated.

Please excuse my noobishness with networking, I work mostly on hardware repair.



No comments:

Post a Comment