Thursday, February 4, 2021

Has anyone else done a large-scale AP Deployment, Aruba, Cisco, or other?

Has anyone else done a large-scale AP Deployment, Aruba, Cisco, or other?

- What was your overall experience with the product, support, & features?

- Was it a successful deployment?

- If you had to do it again, would you choose the same vendor?

My company recently purchased into the Aruba 7240XM Controller & 303H AP products for a long-term work from home solution for 2000+ employees. I have a network background and was tasked with implementing it. I've worked with many network vendors including Cisco, Juniper, Adtran, Brocade, Palo Alto, Fortinet, even pfSense. We had to come up with naming conventions in the configuration, authentication schemes, testing of connectivity/provisioning among the rest, but the hardest part of it all has been the incredible amount of unexpected behavior from the Aruba products. I've noticed lack of documentation, typos in the CLI, ambiguous error and help messages, inconsistent hardware & software behavior, and even an ACL not denying traffic as intended. It seems like every time we go to implement another feature, we run into unexpected behavior and have to troubleshoot it for days and hours. In most other network deployments I've done, I've been able to read documentation and deploy something successfully with relative ease, but that's not been the case here.

I'm just curious, I am having this experience alone or this typical for this type of deployment?

Thanks



No comments:

Post a Comment