Friday, February 12, 2021

FlexVPN Anyconnect vs SSLVPN Anyconnect

Hey folks,

I've got a shiny new ISR 4k to replace a podunk 2911 here.

It looks like the 4k is not going to be doing SSLVPN for me, so my question is if I run FlexVPN Anyconnect which is IKEv2/IPSec what sort of operational bullshit am I going to run into?

Back in the old days before SSLVPN, we had trouble with people doing IPSec based client VPN - particularly when trying to get through restrictive firewalls. That was the golden thing about SSLVPN, that it was port 443 so easily able to push through pretty much anything.

Since I haven't dealt with that stuff in a long time...what's the current state of affairs? Is IPSec based client VPN still going to give us heartache or have the clients become more reactive and able to accommodate difficult networks?



No comments:

Post a Comment