Friday, February 26, 2021

Connect to HPE 1920 web interface

So we’ve inherited an old HPE 1920 48p PoE switch. I’ve received sparse documentation but can’t for the love of god figure out how to connect to the web interface. It doesn’t seem to have a physical reset switch.

There’s two VLANs: 888 Management 172.18.0.0/24

801 Clients 172.18.1.0/24

There are 4 ports that MAY have the management VLAN “tagged” on them (not sure what this means). There is nothing else connected to the switch.

If I just connect my laptop to a port it gets a weird IP 169.64.something. Unless I manually set its IP4 to something.

How do I configure the laptops IP to be able to connect when I Do find the right port? Do I fill in the DNS field? There is no router connected (have a Ubiquiti EdgeRouter4). DHCP?



No comments:

Post a Comment