Thursday, February 11, 2021

Cisco SFP Module fibre compatibility with OM1 OM2 OM3

I need to make a fibre run between a Meraki core switch and a satellite switch. The length of the fibre run is 110m indoors / outdoors.

The SFP modules I have to work with are:

Cisco GLC-SX-MM
30-1301-02
Class1

My question is, how do I know which fibre type (OM1 OM2 etc) my SFC modules are compatible with please? I'm struggling to find this information online.

A bit more background: I'll use a bespoke cable service to have the armored cable made & pre-terminated with LC ends.
https://www.cablemonkey.co.uk/custom-fibre-pre-terms/13073-armoured-pre-terminated-fibre-cable.html

The cable maker offers OM1 OM2 OM3 OM4 etc. As this satellite switch is just for CCTV and access control; Gigabit more than meets the requirements. Looking on the chart (on the linked page) I see OM1 and OM2 will be just fine for Gigabit over 110m.

Any help appreciated, please excuse my ignorance 🙂



No comments:

Post a Comment