Wednesday, February 3, 2021

Cisco SACS replacement?

My last position had a really nice TACACS+ server. For dealing with all our customer devices, it was practically invaluable.

When I asked why my new company does not have such a product, I was immediately put in charge of finding a solution. (of course) However, all the products that I can find are really disappointing. Little support if any, no to little 2FA support, and they are all developed by companies whose website fills me with no confidence.

Come to find out, Cisco had their own product that did this which was even sold as a deployable VM. And like Cisco they discontinued it, and provided no replacement product on their EOL sheet. Can anyone share how their firm / position deals with SSO on their Cisco products?



No comments:

Post a Comment