Tuesday, February 16, 2021

Central network monitoring solutions

Hey,

I'm in the middle of evaluating our company's current monitoring solution and that includes exploring other options that we are missing and so on. We are heavily relying on just simple snmp polling at this point and we use Zabbix for it. My plans/ideas involve taking this to a whole new level and gathering SNMP, telemetry, Syslog and even sFlow if feasible.

I have no problem setting up different systems to gather data with all of these "methods" but I'm curious to hear what central place is most common for monitoring different methods like this. So far I've had my go at using prometheus and grafana to get SNMP data and then use the node exporter to get health data from our devices. ELK with all its integrations looks promising and I have tested few things there already as well.

I guess my main question is are you monitoring networks via multiple systems or do you have one central place that does it all for you?



No comments:

Post a Comment