Friday, February 19, 2021

ASA 5508-x vpn load-balancing with Management tunnel

Hi guys,

I’m looking into setting up vpn load-balancing with mgmt tunnels. The basic setup works, if i connect to the lb group address with the client it automatically chooses the least loaded server. So far so good.

I’m not sure about the mgmt tunnel though.

They are set up as vpn-hq.mydomain.com and for the backup server vpn-hq2.mydomain.com. This setup works. If the primary is unreachable, it will connect to to backup with the management tunnel, however, if it’s reachable, but the license limit is reached, it won’t try the backup and just hangs there.

Do any of you have any experience with a setup like this?

I’m using 9.10 asav With 4.9 anyconnect client

Sorry for the formatting I’m from my phone.



No comments:

Post a Comment