Monday, February 22, 2021

Any OSPF/routing guru's? Need some assistance

So I'm attempting to solve a routing issue. Currently we have two datacenters (running VxLAN across the two using MB-BGP EVPN). I need to connect a particular extended subnet to two other routers but am running into an issue advertising the same subnet into OSPF from each datacenter down to the other set of routers are the respective two datacenters.

If you'll see my diagram below I am attempitng to advertise 10.10.10.0/24 down to another set of routers but not have that advertisement go across a data center interconnect line that we have As that would seemingly create a loop (ex: Both sides think they "own" 10.10.10.0/24 due to the VxLAN fabric).

Admittedly, I do not know much about OSPF and this is certainly apparent. Any help would be appreciated.

Quick topology for each DC.

Core switches(running vxlan) -> Share routes up to core firewall via eBGP -> Redistributing the route from ebGP to OSPF on core firewall which is directly connected to edge firewall -> Need to advertise to another set of routers from each datacenter but I don't want this route to be advertised across the datacenters via the edge firewalls which are directly connected.....

(considered filtering the OSPF routes at the edge firewalls but that would mean its unable to either learn it from the core as well (if filtered inbound). If filtered outbound it would obviously not advertise across datacenters as expected but would also not advertise down to the two sets of devices I need it to.

https://ibb.co/z7R4FcW

edit: If i break the OSPF neighboring between the two edge firewalls I could obviously make this work but I dont want to do that is I just need to advertise this one subnet. The OSPF between the two edge firewalls is used to advertise other subnets.

Any help would be greeaattllyy appreciated.



No comments:

Post a Comment