Thursday, February 4, 2021

Advice on cutting dead cables

We've just leased a new office that was heavily ethernet cabled for a small space. We pretty much don't need anything more that 6x wired connections and a wifi signal. I'm good doing that, connecting router to the switch, wiring the patch panel to the offices.

Here is my problem. I have no wiring experience and we are blowing through our start-up budget quickly. The previous tenant left cables in an open area that were from all the cubicles they took away. https://cathcam.files.wordpress.com/2021/02/pxl_20210203_211355223.jpg

I've traced the cables and they attach to this panel https://cathcam.files.wordpress.com/2021/02/pxl_20210203_211406203.jpg

Since we will be keeping that part of the office open with no desks or cubes my first reaction is just to cut the ends off the cables to get them out of the way.

Am I missing something? Since nothing is plugged into the patch panel they are terminated in...



No comments:

Post a Comment