Tuesday, February 9, 2021

A few questions from someone entry level.

Hello, I will be fast as I know it's annoying to get the same questions over and over. I have done some research but am struggling with finding what I need. I will also include a couple misc questions while I'm here.

AS in Computer Networking (have not received CCNA).

So I'd like to make a lab network in VMware Workstation 15. I have no idea where to start, so I've been just thinking about how to get a router/switch set up. I realize that I have no idea how to download the cisco CLI onto a device. I have never actually done that step. When I google it I just get people asking questions about VWs and Cisco but not the answer to this question.

My misc concern is: as a newb (2 years help desk, 2 years as part of an operations center that really isn't very specialized thus not great experience), I am just now looking for jobs. I only have received one response back after a week, but it seemed like a perfect move for me (It was a NOC) and I have everything but actually getting my CCNA, though I've done the course work and ICND1 and 2. I got a "no". I'm realizing that I don't know much of anything and feel like my degree is pointless, which is why I am trying to get a lab going to get ready to take my CCNA. I just feel lost and like 4 years into my career I am still entry level.



No comments:

Post a Comment